It turned out to be well into September before I posted a new blog entry! On Saturday, I visited the Old Town of Fredrikstad. There was a knitting festival there, with stalls in Tøihuset.
Der var det mye fint garn og annet strikkerelatert. Det er alltid en god stemning der garnglade møtes!
There was a lot of lovely yarn and other knitting-related items. There is always a great atmosphere when yarn enthusiasts get together!
I had not planned to buy anything, but I ended up with a few things home anyway. I couldn't resist these needle stoppers, and I just had to have this retro fabric 😊.
Så blir det et tilbakeblikk på august. Det var jo solformørkelse, og der sola ville være på det tidspunktet passet perfekt i utsikten fra leiligheten vår. Men, det hjalp lite når det kom skyer som akkurat dekket for hele solformørkelsen! Men det ble i hvert fall et spesielt lys - eller mørke.
Now, a look back at August. There was a solar eclipse, and the sun’s position at that time lined up perfectly with the view from our apartment. But that didn't help much when clouds rolled in and completely obscured the eclipse! At least it created a unique kind of light—or darkness.
I knitted a jacket using a kit—complete with yarn and a pattern—that I bought from Strikkemekka. It is called the Konstanse jacket. It is knitted with one strand of Gann Garn Tynn Merino and one strand of Dale Pop Korn. It created a fun effect!
Og jeg måtte jo strikke noe med månedsnavnet til samstrikken Sticka månadsmønster 2026 . Det ble Mid August Mitts. De er strikket i Viking Sportsragg. And, of course, I had to knit something with the month's name for the "Sticka månadsmønster 2026" knit-along. I chose the Mid August Mitts. They are knitted using Viking Sportsragg.
I september har jeg strikket ferdig en lue. VinterRo Selbulue fra StrikkeBea, strikket i garnet Sterk. In September, I have finished knitting a hat: the VinterRo Selbu hat by StrikkeBea, knitted using Sterk yarn.
Nå begynner det å bli mer høstlig ute. På turen min en dag oppdaget jeg noe jeg ikke har lagt merke til før. Jeg visste ikke at det kommer rød-oransje bær på liljekonvallene! Man lærer stadig noe nytt selv om en har blitt 72 år 😊!
It is starting to feel more like autumn outside now. During a walk the other day, I discovered something I had not noticed before. I didn’t know that lilies of the valley produce red-orange berries! You can always learn something new, even at 72 years😊!



.jpg)










Det høres så koselig ut med 'Strikkefestival', og jeg vil tro det var mye fint og ikke minst fristende der! Søte maskestoppere og stoff. Flotte plagg du har strikket, og jakken din ser fin og varm ut. Jeg kan ikke huske jeg har sett bær på liljekonvaller heller, så lærte jeg også noe nytt!
SvarSlettSuch a cozy blog post! I’m really curious to see your knitted pumpkins when you make them...
SvarSlettAnd I really love your Konstanse cardigan. It looks so warm and cozy, just what we need when autumn is on its way! Your blue hat with the star pattern is beautiful too. I’m not very good at colourwork knitting myself — really, I’m best at just knit a simple scarf— so I always look at work like yours with a bit of wonder. The green fingerless mitts are lovely as well.
I didn’t know either that lily of the valley gets red-orange berries! And I completely agree with you: whether we are my age or yours, there are still so many lovely new things to discover. I hope we get lots of sunshine this autumn. I’m going to look up exactly where in Norway you live, because I realise I don’t actually know if your in the north or south.
And I also read your other post about the king visiting the island where you grew up. I thought that was such a wonderful post too... I just wanted to tell you that. xxx Aritha (an dthank you for your comment on my blog)
I can imagine what it is like when a group of knitting enthusiasts get together!!
SvarSlettI think the jacket you made using a kit is so lovely. The colours are beautiful. Your wardrobe must be full of your wonderful creations.
Kjære Marit, en strikkefestival høres helt fantastisk ut; så fint at du fikk med deg noen småting.
SvarSlettDu valgte en nydelig garnkombinasjon til den nye jakken du har blitt ferdig med. Vi trenger jo noe varmt nå – i hvert fall om morgenen og kvelden – og de fine fingerløse vottene, sammen med den nydelige blå-hvite lua, vil nok snart finne sine mottakere.
Sender deg varme hilsener, kjære Marit.
Viola
I'm always amazed at how many beautiful things you make every month... your knitting needles must be red-hot!
SvarSlettSå koselig blogg du har, og så mye fint handarbeid du får tid til. Gleder meg alltid til å lese og se bildene dine. Den nydelige jakken kledde du godt, og jeg kan tenke meg du hadde en fin dag på strikkefestival!
SvarSlettRiktig god helg fra Ingunn
The jacket you knitted is very nice , so are the mittens and hat. I buy my mittens in Belgium when I go there.
SvarSlett